Saturday, June 9, 2007

Back from NYC

So we are back home from our vacation in NYC and NJ. We had a fantastic time, walked a lot in Manhattan, met friends and stayed in suburbia NJ (would love to live there!) and shopped a lot. I went literally with an empty suitcase and came back with a full one, full with maternity clothes. The prices are almost half and the choices are about 25x as much! Time was flying far too fast and we could easily have stayed a week or two longer - unfortunately hotels in NY are pretty expensive and work wanted us back too.....

The ultrasound just before we left went fine. We could see all the organs and the baby kicked around and waved and everything else. We also found out the gender, so now I am at least knowing what name to look for! And we have a few in mind, but I am open for more suggestions! So if you have kids and you don´t mind revealing their names, please write them to me. We are looking for a traditional biblical Jewish name.

Now the heat has hit Sweden! It was never that hot here when I visited, we have over 30 celcius and no AC or fans! It´s crazy! Hope the temperature will drop soon. I was very happy to leave in a cooler country, especially now that I am pregnant. Since the flight back my feet are totally swollen and filled with water. I tried to sleep with my feet a bit higher and it helped a bit, but no clue what shoes I should wear to work on Monday!

My belly is growing and I start to feel kicks, our baby definitely loves food and as a Swiss baby, loves chocolate! I am still not showing really but I guess my belly will "explode" in the next 3-4 weeks!

Thats about it for now! Hope you are all enjoying summer (or Winter in AU).

5 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Wow you were in NY too bad I missed you, glad you had great time.

Stacey said...

So glad you had such a great trip (too bad you didn't layover in Dallas!) and glad to hear everything is going well with the baby. You are halfway there!!! Rest up!

Anonymous said...

I do hope you're doing fine. I supose the weather in Sweden is as bad as it is in France that is to say almost perfect for an expecting mom.

Mary said...

What about the name Tzipporah, but Tzippi for short? I know, I know, it sounds a little unusual and she would have to have a personality to match such a big name, but still I like it. Just a thought from a complete and total stranger in Cincinnati.

smb said...

I also went to NJ and NY. Glad you had a good time