Sunday, March 4, 2007

life as usual or almost

Most of last week I was sick at home. Nothing major just a cold. But my colds are terrible as I have asthma and when getting a cold the asthma gets about 10x worse, meaning I can hardly breathe. Well, the worst is over now and on Monday I am back in the office. I am always having such a bad conscience when I am sick, so I just keep working from home. But I wonder why I have a bad conscience? During my sick days (from Tuesday afternoon to Friday eve) I only fell asleep once during the day for less then 10 min, I was so scared that my boss could call and I would be sleeping (and of course he did call exactly then). But isn´t the whole point of staying at home to sleep and rest and get well? What can I say, I worked and of course it was the week with the most work since a long time, I am up to date with all the emails, but I don´t feel 100% healthy.

So the snow started to melt and yesterday for the first time we had something like a spring feeling, let´s hope the winter doesn´t come back till next November.

Have a good week!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have asthma too, and whenever i get a cold its always dicey for me. Am I going to recover in a few days or am I going to have a multi-month ride through hell as my lung function drops 40%. Ugh. So I'm there with you.

As far as winter goes...here in Colorado we're up to nearly 60 today. Nice...

Pragmatician said...

Refuah Shelemah.
Bosses are all the same, if you can surf about you favourite stars than you can work they think.
How do they not get it?

torontopearl said...

Glad you're feeling better.

Hope you had a Chag Purim Sameach!

Baleboosteh said...

Refuah Shleimah. You shouldn't feel so bad about resting at home when you are sick! Make the most of getting some rest so you can recover properly!

:D

Mia M said...

Thanks for your comments. I am still suffering from the aftermath of my cold. Even though the cold is over, my asthma isn´t.....