Monday, January 8, 2007

I am old

Yesterday night I came to realize that I am old, you can also call it grown up, but for me it feels like I am old.

We were in bed, I was reading a book, Mr. J.S. was watching something on the sports channel and I felt like in one of those TV series. The only thing missing were reading glasses for me! I felt like we are grandparents and not newly wed´s!!!

The last couple of weeks have been pretty much life changing. We bought an apartment, furnished it with matching furniture, decorated it cutely and soon we will renovate some stuff. I am even pre-cooking lunch-meals for Mr. J.S. to take to work!!!

All this is so grown up. My life until 15 December was always filled with spontanious actions which would change my life, move here and there, furnishing with whatever we could, never spent money on really nice furniture as you never know how long we are going to live in the place. Never bought anything expensive, spent money on travels only, etc.

So on one side this feels amazing, I am where I wanted to be and am living my dream. On the other side it is shocking, I am grown up now, I am one of them - I am part of a smugged married couples!

Is it just me or does everyone have a moment in life where they feel that NOW they are grown-ups???

L´chaim to a new episode in life!!!

10 comments:

lxr23g56 said...

yup, old enough to add me to your blogroll!

Mia M said...

Once I will found out how to do it, I will certainly add you. This blog is in the ex-beta format and I have no clue how to change the template....

Jack Steiner said...

Age is in your head. I am 169 years old, but I look like I am 37.

Pragmatician said...

you can't escape it no matter how hard you try.
I think it indicates you found some sort of peace of mind.

Toto said...

I figured out I was old about 10 years ago---I was teaching hebrew school and the kids were talking about something in class that reminded me of a Billy Joel song. I told them so and they said, "WHO??" and when I told them who he was, and what he sang, only one kid said, "Yeah, I know that song, my mom listens to that on the OLDIES RADIO STATION!!!" AARGH.........welcome to the club!

Mia M said...

Jack: Thanks Jack, NOW I feel better :D

Prag: well, that´s a positive approach and I guess you are right. Thanks.

Emah: OMG, I love Billy Joel, went to concerts even - can we be oldies in our thirties???

torontopearl said...

When did I feel old?

A couple years ago at work, I was talking to a student who worked in the summer and on school break for our company; she was going to start university, I asked which one, and she said "University of Toronto." I told her I graduated from that university in 1983. She said, "That's the year I was born."

THAT is when I felt old!!!!

Tamara said...

You are so NOT old. You're my age! LOL

But like other's comments, I realized I was getting older when I began teaching. So many of my students don't know who Nelso Mandela is, about Apartheid, or the Berlin wall. Of course they have no clue about the music I like; but part of that is cultural too. :)

I'm glad you're blogging. And I think you have an amazing life and love story and I'm sure you'll make a wonderful mommy.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Normal to feel like that. Great you are where you want to be most people don't achieve that.

Mia M said...

Tamara: thanks for your sweet words, this means a lot to me. I hope I will be a good mommy one day.

SW/FM: thanks. I am where I want to be right now, but I am not where I want to be in life. So there is still room for improvement :D, but I am definitely very happy where I am.