Sunday, January 14, 2007

Yay - my baby-sister visited me!!!!

Yes, it worked out, she got a free ticket and only had to pay for airport taxes. (She got the ticket through a friend of my mom who works for this airline.)

It was a fantastic weekend! As I said in my title she is my baby sister (I have two sisters and one brother). She is only 17, in her eyes she is totally grown up, she is studying to become a hotel manager, working at a 5-star hotel in the event department while studying and earning her first money. But for me she is my baby sister and will always be. She is very cuddly and hugging, so we were like glued together for 2 days :D.

It was her first airplane travel all by herself. But I think my father (who brought her to the airport) was more nervous than her. He actually told the check-in lady that she might need a stewardess to show her the way, he also told all the people around that this was her first travel alone and that SHE is very nervous. She tried to tell him to stop in hebrew (Aba, maspik!!!) but it didn´t help. But then again, my father is always nervous when anybody in the family is flying, yet he is always saying that WE are nervous.

We basically did what we would do on a normal weekend in Zurich. Go shopping, more shopping, yes, still shopping, eat sushi (back at home we would do them together, I introduced her to sushi a year ago and now she is a sushi-lover just like me), hang out, cuddle on the sofa. Talk about boys and all that goes with it. Share the latest gossip. She would go out, I would pick her up. Once she´s back home we would eat some chips or chocolate or ice cream, talk some more, hug some more. And than say "laila tov". Luckily Mr. J.S. has a baby brother too, same age, 4 months older. She joined his friends, she knew them from previous visits and they all had a good time. It didn´t feel like she lived in another country, a 2.5 hours flight away. It felt like a normal weekend where she stayed over and would just go home.

Saying good-bye was sad, she cried, I didn´t until I was back in the car. I will see her in April, when I go home for Pessach, but it just isn´t the same!

Lucky me, I get a visit of my other sister in 2 weeks!!! She also got a free ticket from my moms friend. So, I have lots to look forward too, I can´t wait to see her. She is not a baby, even though younger than me (29) she has a kid of 10 years, works as an managing director for a non-profit organisation and is studying for her post graduate. She is a tough cookie and I am glad to call her my sister and my best friend.

I wish you all a good new week, with lots of sunshine and little snow (it just started snowing here, so I guess we will get some Winter after all!)

Shavua tov

7 comments:

smb said...

That's interesting how your younger sister and your husband's younger brother are the same age.


I hope you have fun with your other sister too. :)

BTW, you're in sweden and they're switzerland, right?

Mia M said...

lvnsm27: it is extremely weird that we have siblings the same age. Luckily they like each other and enjoy going out when they meet. I am sure I will have loads of fun with my other sister, can´t wait to see her! and your BTW is correct. Do you know anybody in any of the two countries? Thanks for stopping by, I like your blog and your thoughts, looking forward to read more!

Pragmatician said...

I know the feeling.
Seeing familiar faces in unfamiliar settings are just the best.

PS Wouldn't eat Sushi if it was given to me for free.

BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Sounds like you had a great time together.

Enjoy your week.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

So glad you were able to meet your sister sounds awesome.

Baleboosteh said...

It sounds like you two had a great time togeather catching up and cuddling!
I hope you visit from your other sister in 2 weeks is just as good (and just as cuddly!)

Have a great week! :D

Anonymous said...

Its great to have company isnt it? Its also nice when they leave. :)
Have fun when your sister comes in. I'm sure it will be a great time.