Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Our stuff arrived!!!

All our goods arrived today. This means that now we have ALL our things in one country!!! This was never the case before.

I skipped Swedish-class today, I just wanted to go home after work and see our boxes and of course start unpacking! I can´t wait to unpack - it feels like birthday and channuka together. I haven´t seen the things I packed for a year.

Many of you probably remember how stressed out I was last year when I started packing. It was just too much, I had a burn-out from work and the weekly travelling back and forth to Hungary (Mr J.S. and I lived in different countries for 18 months) took its toll on me. On top of it I also planned our wedding and had some medical issues (which were probably a result of all the stress). Seeing all these boxes now in our new home, I can´t help but think back and remember how I felt, how weak I was and how much happend since. Today I went to my former blog and read a bit what I did a year ago, I remember every feeling of each moment. I am so grateful I wrote it all down in my blog!

But, now it is time to start the unpacking - kitchen will be first!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, now you can look back on that time, see how far you've come and as you start to unpack those boxes you can feel all that energy unraveling around you as your re-order your life.

Cool- its a good feeling huh?

kasamba said...

Thank G-d you're getting settled and have energy!!!

Enjoy making it into your home!

Pragmatician said...

you sure had reason to be stressed.
Unpacking is much more fun than packing!
Enjoy your newfound treasures:)

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of the reasons why I have started blogging myself, to be able to have something to look back on in the future.
Take time to enjoy the pleasures of unpacking and getting all your stuff a new space in your new place.
Hope you don't mind my asking but where in Stockholm do you live?

Ilana-davita

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Yay I am happy your stuff arrived it probably feels so good to have all your own stuff!