Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Welcome & here we go again!

Welcome to my new blog!

I guess many of you know me from my previous blog which I stopped on 31 Dec 2006.
I know, I know, it was just 2 days ago. The reason why I stopped is that I felt that I was too much "out there". Too many people I know, friends and family, were reading my blog and I started to feel unconfortable with the situation. My life during the past 3 years resembled more a roller coaster than anything else and blogging was a great source for me to process all the things, good and difficult, that were going on my life. But now I hope that my life will be a bit calmer and I can relax a bit.

For my new readers, here a snapshot of the past few years:

July 2003: I meet Mr. Jewish Smörgåsbord, a Jewish Scandinavian living in Switzerland
September 2004: Mr. JS, my boyfriend at that time, moved to Hungary to study Medicine and I start to travel back and forth every other weekend.
February 2005: Mr. JS, still my boyfriend, comes back to Switzerland for one Semester
August 2005: Mr. JS asks my to marry him and I say YES
September 2005: Mr. JS, now my fiancé moves back to Hungary to continue his studies and I start my weekly travels again
January 2006: I quit my job in Switzerland in order to follow Mr. JS
January 2006: we get civil married in Sweden (law in most European countries to get civil married and if you wish you may get religiously married too)
April 2006: I move to Hungary to follow my legal husband (:D)
July 2006: we get married under the Chuppah in Zurich, Switzerland (my home country)
September 2006: we decide to leave Hungary for a semester and try life in Sweden
December 2006: we decide to stay in Stockholm, buy an apartment and try to live a good life.

Well and here I am now! Very happy, very exited, in a new country, with a new apartment, a new job and now also a new BLOG!

Hope you will join me on my new chapter here in Sweden!

(and now I have to go and help Mr. JS help screw together an Ikea sideboard.....)

7 comments:

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Yay not only the first commentor on the post but the first commentor on your new blog whooopi! I am honored! So glad to be a part of it. I love the name. The shmorg is my favorite part of the wedding.

kasamba said...

May your new blog bring you only happiness!!!

Toto said...

YAY!!! I'm honored to be "on the list!" :) So glad we haven't lost you! :)

teetchadshi.......

Anonymous said...

I completely ditto emah s....so glad you're still here!

Mia M said...

SW/FM: you are the absolut first commentor on a brand new blog - how fantastic is that? Thanks for coming by and commenting!!!

Kasamba: thanks!

Emah_S: thanks for your sweet words

Stacey: sorry I had to delete your comment :( but thanks for coming by and commenting. Talk to you soon!

Cruisin: thanks, I am glad to be here too!

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

My pleasure anything for you:)

Ezzie said...

Mazel Tov, and welcome :)